Announcing an Ecumenical Retreat on Disaster Trauma for Pastors
Trauma: How It Can Affect You and Your Faith Community
Rev. Dr. Martha R. Jacobs, Senior Minister, First Congregational Church in Chappaqua; former Coordinator for UCC Disaster Ministries Chaplains, leadership team member for the American Red Cross Disaster Spiritual Care, National VOAD Spiritual and Emotional Care Committee, and a professional chaplain for 20+ years will facilitate.
- July 15 – 16 SpringHill Suites New Bern
- July 17 – 18 Fairfield Inn Elizabeth City
- July 22 – 23 Hilton Raleigh
- July 24 – 25 Holiday Inn Wilmington
This inter-denominational retreat will center on building skills that provide an understanding of:
- Our own reactions to disasters and trauma and why we react the way we do
- How we can help our Faith Community handle trauma, and scriptural support to help
- How clergy can work with their congregations when disasters/traumas strike in the community
- Additionally, participants will learn about United Church of Christ Disaster Ministries and explore avenues for engaging in this vibrant and vital ministry.
The retreat will begin at 4 p.m. the first day and end at 4 p.m. The schedule will include “down” time to enable space for rest and reflection. Please select one location. You do not have to attend the retreat closest to your home. Each location will be limited to 20 participants so register now.
Hotel room and meal costs are being underwritten by UCC Ministries. You may bring your significant other at a cost of $50 for the 3 meal package (Dinner 1st night, Breakfast and Lunch 2nd day).
Transportation costs are not provided. Registration closes July 5.
For more information, contact: Ken Skalitzky, Disaster Recovery Specialist UCC Disaster Ministries, email@example.com, (864) 648-9876
Sponsored by UCC Disaster Ministries and the
United Church of Christ Southern Conference
“Come away…Rest awhile.” John 6:31