Provides musical accompaniment that supports the church’s mission and ministries through its worship services and other special events. Offers a variety of musical styles and pieces that glorify God and enhances the worship experience.
• Prepares preludes, offertories, Holy Communion music, choral responses and postludes for Sunday morning worship services, special events and seasonal concerts
• Accompanies Chancel choir, small groups, soloists and instrumentalists at rehearsals, worship services, special services and seasonal concerts (typically, 1 or 2 rehearsals the week of services)
• Performs music for weddings, wedding rehearsals, funerals or memorial services, or provides qualified organist/pianist as a substitute
• Oversees the tuning and maintenance of organs and pianos of the church within approved schedules and budgets
Experience, Skills & other Requirements:
• Mature Christian with a desire to be a part of a team fostering the ministries and mission of the church
• 3+ years organ and/or piano experience performing and accompanying in a variety of worship settings
• Knowledge of traditional worship practices and liturgical calendar of the United Methodist Church preferred
• Accepts direction, prepares diligently and appropriately, seeks clarification when needed
• Exceptional organizational, communication, problem-solving and time management skills with great attention to detail and follow-up
Part time, salaried position. Estimated 8-10 hrs/ wk. Please send resumes and cover letter to email@example.com.