The Director of Youth Ministries must have a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ; live a Christian lifestyle through devotional practices, commitment to prayer and spiritual growth; and be a part of Harbor through prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness. The Director will be responsible for the discipleship of youth Grades 6-12 through planning, coordinating, and implementing programming for two age groups (Middle School/High School) for a large, growing congregation while working within the United Methodist tradition.
1. Model a life of Christian discipleship through personal lifestyle and personal spiritual growth
2. Lead all facets of the Youth Program which includes but is not limited to Sunday School, Bible Study, Youth Group, and Confirmation Class.
3. Develop or implement curriculum for use in all programming that follows the United Methodist doctrine/tradition
4. Realize growth in the Youth Group in both grace and number based on attendance records and participation in discipleship opportunities
5. Plan annual retreat and mission opportunities for the youth to include budgeting, fundraising, registration, etc.
6. Recruit, train, and cultivate adults to be co-youth ministers
7. Hold meetings and communicate with Youth parents on a regular basis and additionally as needed
8. Coordinate and lead annual Confirmation process.
9. Minister to youth through mentoring relationships and by curating environments in which other adults may do the same.