To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
There shall be a comprehensive approach to the development and implementation of the youth ministry at all levels in the connectional system of the United Methodist Church and in all ministry areas of St. Matthew’s. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of youth ministry to:
-love youth where they are
-encourage youth in developing their relationship with God
-provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth
-challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
1. Must embrace Christian discipline and United Methodist doctrine and theology.
2. A bachelor’s degree in a related field is minimum requirement. Professional Certification in Youth Ministry is desired.
3. Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, organize, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry within the parameters of the United Methodist Church.
4. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer/technology skills.
5. Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals and teams of volunteers.
St Matthew’s is located in Madison, Mississippi.