Saint James United Methodist Church
The Youth Pastor/Director of Children, Middle School and Youth Ministries (CMY) is a full-time position with responsibility for carrying out the mission and vision of St. James Methodist Church (SJUMC) and the Children and Youth Ministries. The position reports to the Sr. Pastor of SJUMC with the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) having joint responsibility for review and oversight of the ministry.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provides spiritual and visionary leadership to develop, coordinate, and empower laity in all areas of CMY ministries. Plans activities, coordinates, articulates, and implements the vision for CMY.
• Works with the Children, Middle and Youth (CMY) chairpersons, and Christian Education Chairperson to implement programmatic goals and action plans.
• Develops a comprehensive plan for the recruitment, mobilization, and utilization of servant workers within the CMY ministry.
• Establishes relationships with middle and high school principals and administrators to build a church presence within the educational community.
• Attends all worship services and corporate prayer and bible studies in preparation for Sunday and Children and Youth Worship Services at SJUMC.
• Meets with the ministerial staff, Christian Education, and servant workers to coordinate Bible study classes, including the need to often teach Bible study and or be physically present.
Salary $40,000 – $50,000……………..Benefits Provided……Flexible Hours