YOUTH PASTOR for Porterfield Memorial United Methodist Church, a 2800 member congregation in the South Georgia Annual Conference (Albany, Georgia)
The Youth Pastor reports directly to the Senior Pastor and will be directly responsible for: Overseeing the youth ministry of Porterfield and directing the implementation of its mission and vision; Spiritually preparing the youth of Porterfield for challenges ahead in young adulthood and nurturing in those youth a sense of clear Christian identity through an understanding of God-given gifts and talents.
• Ensure that relationships are being built between the adult leaders of Porterfield and the youth of the church. The Youth Pastor participates weekly in community and/or school events involving youth connected with the Porterfield youth ministry as well as spontaneous events. “Spontaneous” events engage not only the participating youth, but also youth from the community and Porterfield families who have not been regularly participating.
• The Youth Pastor coordinates and supervises all youth ministry staff.
• The Youth Pastor ensures that all details of youth programs are taken care of.
• The Youth Pastor is available to teach Sunday morning classes when needed and is present on Sunday mornings in worship and around the Sunday school classrooms.
• The Youth Pastor ensures that adherence to the Safe Sanctuary policy of Porterfield is being followed in all youth programs.
Deadline to submit resume and cover letter: October 5, 2015
Please send resume/cover letter to email@example.com with “Porterfield Youth Pastor” in the subject line.