Bethel United Methodist Church, a vibrant, loving, Christ-centered congregation in La Grange, NC, is seeking an energetic and passionate youth director who is an innovative self-starter. The youth director will minister to children and youth of all ages. The first initial goal of this position is to revamp, rebirth, and grow our youth program at BUMC. The ideal candidate should be able to work with laity and parents, empowering them, delegating to them, and incorporating them as volunteers in the ministry. The youth director will be responsible for planning, implementing, and managing all youth-related activities and programs including Sunday School, youth meeting (traditionally Sunday evening, but negotiable), and plan trips for spiritual formation and mission work.
A qualified candidate will:
• connect young people to their community through service to others;
• build relationships based in mutual respect;
• be the clear leader and facilitator for the group;
• have a strong personal faith and ability to effectively share it with others.
• has a minimum 1 year experience working with youth in a leadership capacity.
• has strong organizational and communication skills.
• Musical skills or a familiarity with incorporating music in youth ministry is a big plus.
• AS or BS degree in related field or equivalent relevant experience.
There is a lot of opportunity for flexibility for the right candidate.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com. You may also request the full job description using the same email. The deadline to apply is April 15, 2018.