Director of Youth Ministries
Millbrook United Methodist Church (MUMC), Raleigh, NC
Position Type: Full Time
Millbrook United Methodist Church, a vibrant Christ-centered and mission-oriented congregation in Raleigh, NC, is seeking an energetic and passionate youth director. The youth director will minister to the youth (6th to 12th grade) of MUMC; helping them to grow toward a deeper maturity in Christ. Our average worship attendance is 350 across three Sunday worship services. MUMC’s Youth program averages 20-25 students that come from diverse backgrounds. The parish staff consists of a Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, Youth Director, Children’s Director, and several other staff members both salaried and volunteers who fill the needs of our congregation. Church staff participates in a collaborative team working environment. We work together to meet the missions of the church, plan out activities, and resolve problems.
The youth director will be responsible for planning, implementing, and managing all youth-related programs and activities. MUMC’s youth ministry includes Sunday School (“Talk with your Mouth Full”), Youth Group (Sunday evenings), Small Groups (Wednesday evenings), fun activities, and trips for both mission work and spiritual formation.
A qualified candidate will have the following attributes:
• Strong personal faith and ability to effectively share that faith with others.
• Minimum 1 year experience working with youth in a leadership capacity.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Musical skills or a familiarity with incorporating music in youth ministry.
• AS or BS degree in related field or equivalent relevant experience.