Worship Leader needed for Sunday evening service. Epiphany Church is a new faith community of the United Methodist Church that gathers at Doyle’s Vineyard in South Durham. The vision for Epiphany is to gather people into communion with Jesus Christ by creating a home for spiritual discovery along the borders of of our world. Epiphany helps people see the God that is in them and with them already by dusting off the rich traditions of the church including liturgy, symbols, rituals, and music to present them as a way to see God in the world.
Preferred Qualifications: Education and/or experience in leading worship. Ability to think theologically about worship music. Ability to gather and lead a team of musicians. Organization and promptness highly valued.
Primary Role: Help craft and lead worship weekly in partnership with pastoral staff.
1. Select music for worship – pre-worship gathering music, offering music, special music (e.g. Communion, Reflection), congregational hymns/songs, post-worship music.
2. Choose songs with an emphasis on theme each Sunday, in collaboration with the preacher.
3. Recruit and equip volunteer musicians for the music team.
4. Lead weekly rehearsals with music team.
5. Set-up for 5 pm worship on Sundays.
6. Responsible for every Sunday and coordinating substitute coverage. Epiphany will provide pay for four Sundays of annual leave and provide stipend for substitute leader.
7. Willingness to embrace future possibilities of growing the worship team and worship opportunities at Epiphany.