Philadelphia UMC is located in a growing suburban setting near Charlotte. We’re seeking to hire a part-time Worship Leader to oversee all aspects of music for the contemporary worship service and special programs. The successful candidate will exude passion for authentic Christian worship and provide vocal and musical leadership that fosters a spiritually uplifting contemporary worship experience, drawing the congregation into the presence of God.
• Must have creative vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement all aspects of music for the contemporary worship service.
• A lead, singing voice and ability to lead and engage the congregation in worship using contemporary Christian music.
• Demonstrated musical ability with experience playing an instrument.
• Experience in contemporary worship as a leader or member of a worship music team.
• A general knowledge of all aspects of worship ministry including sound, audiovisual, lighting and production.
• Directing the contemporary band, including leading the group through all songs during worship service and special programs.
• Leading the congregation through greetings, prayers, transitions and singing to facilitate praise and connection with God through worship.
• Scheduling and leading contemporary band rehearsals.
• Selecting songs for contemporary worship services in collaboration with the Pastor, Director of Music.
For more information or to submit resume contact: Pastor Becky Shirley, firstname.lastname@example.org