Website Wakefield United Methodist Church
Wakefield UMC is a vibrant church looking for the right person to lead our growing children’s ministry program. We are an engaging congregation with a strong sense of community, hospitality, and missions. We are looking for a dynamic, personable, and energetic person who can mold and expand an already successful children’s ministry program, in collaboration with our volunteers and Children’s Ministry Team.
This currently is a part-time position at 25 hours per week, with room for growth as the church continues to grow. The Director of Children’s Ministry reports to and collaborates with the Pastor of Family Ministries.
Wakefield UMC strives to be a faithful, Christ-centered community focused on the mission to grow a church where people at any stage of their faith journey can experience a transformational relationship with Jesus Christ. Our priority ministry areas include relevant and formational worship; enriching children, youth, and adult ministries; life-giving hospitality and outreach; and intentional spiritual formation.
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY MISSION STATEMENT
“The Children’s Ministry of Wakefield UMC exists to develop life-long followers of Christ through education, fellowship, and mission opportunities. We seek to invite, engage, and strengthen children to share God’s love in their families, community, and beyond.”
KEY ATTRIBUTES OF THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
A successful candidate will embrace the core values of our church by possessing the following attributes:
· Being highly adaptable and flexible
· Having a team-oriented approach
· Empowering our gifted volunteers
· Being able to relate and learn from others
· Being engaging and welcoming to new and existing families
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (others may be assigned)
· Coordinate and lead the children’s ministry program (Ignite)
· Lead the Children’s Ministry Team and collaborate with the team to set a vision for the faith formation of children
· Create a safe, loving, and hospitable environment for children and their families
· Build relationships with children and their families, especially new visitors
· Implement curriculum, supervise, set up for, and recruit teachers for Sunday morning children’s programming
· Empower and coordinate volunteers for Sunday mornings and other children’s events including summer VBS
· Plan and lead special Sunday services to include Children’s Sunday, Bible Sunday, etc.
· Communicate with parents, children, and volunteers by e-news, website, and other communication tools
· Manage children’s check-in process and keep online records up to date
· Participate in a “Preschool Committee” to explore the possibility of opening a preschool at Wakefield UMC
· Oversee Safe Sanctuary training and implementation
· Participate in staff meetings and events
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Must be a committed follower of Christ whose love for God and children is evident
· Must be able to relate to and explain faith to children at their level
· Must be comfortable with the theology and traditions of the United Methodist Church
· Must be a team player and a unifier who sees the big picture as well as the immediate needs
· Must be comfortable communicating and building relationships with parents and church members in order to recruit and retain volunteers
· Available to work on Sundays and some evenings and weekends
· Has strong oral and written communication and organizational skills
· A bachelor’s degree in a related field (such as education, child development, religion, communication, or administration) or a suitable combination of education, training, and experience
· A minimum of 2-3 years of part-time or full-time children’s ministry experience in a congregational or educational setting preferred
· Experience working with special needs children a plus
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $28,000 – $32,000 per year based on experience
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the senior pastor, Rev. Christina Parrish, at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org