Horne Memorial UMC in Clayton NC is seeking a Treasurer . This is a part-time, salaried position.
Summary of Duties:
The Treasurer of the church has the responsibility for carrying out most of the financial decisions made by the Finance Committee and the Church Council. The Book of Discipline charges the Treasurer with responsibility for three general areas:
• Disbursing funds: The church treasurer shall disburse all money contributed to causes represented in the church budget, and such other funds and contributions as the church council may determine.
• Reporting: The church treasurer shall make regular and detailed reports on funds received and expended to the committee on finance and the church council.
• Making monthly remittances to the conference treasurer: The church treasurer shall remit each month to the conference treasurer all apportionments and conference benevolences on hand.
• At least an Associate Degree in accounting or bookkeeping is preferred.
• Qualifying experience will be taken into account.
• Experience with accounting software is a plus.
• Computer experience with Excel, Word, etc.
• Ability to perform administrative functions.
• Attend regular meetings of assigned committees and staff.
• Work with a team.