Website St. James United Methodist Church
The Family Ministry Coordinator collaborates with and supports the Pastor of Children, Youth, and Family Ministry to bring energy and creativity to growing and equipping the young disciples of St. James UMC and their families as they grow in their personal relationship with Christ and connection to the Body of Christ in our community. The Family Ministry Coordinator handles volunteer recruitment and training, communications, and scheduling for the ministry. The position requires in person presence most Sunday mornings and evenings and on Wednesday evenings during the program year.
· Ensure that leader positions and meals/food for regular programming (Sunday School and Youth) are filled each week and for special events (retreats, VBS, mission trips, etc.) and align with Safe Sanctuary values and ministry needs.
· Prepare Children and Youth Curriculum for Sunday School and Weekday programming, informing leaders and making any purchases needed for lessons each week.
· Provide information to the technology coordinator, director of congregational engagement, and church administrative assistant about announcements and events to keep the congregation informed during worship, on the website, and in the weekly communications.
· Ensure that the nursery is staffed with appropriate caregivers (both paid and volunteer) when needed assisted by lead nursery staff person and staff/child ratios are per St James UMC Safe Sanctuaries Policy.
· Ensure that nursery and volunteer training occurs as needed.
· Attend children and youth ministry team meetings.
· Assist with children’s message as needed.
· Act as the family ministry point person in the absence of the Pastor of CYF
· Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com