The ROAR Mission Coordinator is essential to the successful operation of ROAR Projects. The Coordinator will provide mission opportunities in rehabilitation of substandard homes, disaster relief, educational venues and other mission initiatives.
The ROAR Mission Coordinator reports to the Partners In Ministry Executive Director and primary function consists of the following:
• Assisting ROAR Advisory Committee in identifying those who need help the most, and providing guidance for the work to be done;
• developing partnership with local churches and communities to create, identified and promote opportunities for volunteers to do mission service;
• managing daily details of the project, including recruiting and hosting work teams, identifying projects and purchasing materials for projects assigned, and coordinating housing, food, transportation, etc.;
• coordinating field and office activities on assigned projects, including job-scheduling activities, overseeing the work of response and repairs and accurate estimating of projects assigned;
• training and assisting mission team leaders and team members as they form their teams;
• completing projects in a timely manner and within budget by utilizing the expertise of all members of the volunteer work team to the fullest;
• ensuring all projects adhere to OSHA guidelines;
• maintaining ROAR website with current team schedules, events, and articles;
• maintaining and updating Volunteers Database with information about previous service locations, volunteer hours and experience; and
• staying in connection with past team leaders and members to plan and encourage future involvement.
Minimum education and experience qualifications:
Four year degree in construction management and/or five years of work experience and certifications in the construction or related fields.
A thorough knowledge and background in the construction industry; ability to make accurate quantity surveys and estimate cost of materials, labor and equipment; maintain a high degree of integrity, loyalty and honesty; ability to get along with people and to communicate in a professional manner with team leaders and others having a direct interest in a project being constructed; and the ability to promote a harmonious relationship with ROAR Coordinators, who must work closely together.
Partners In Ministry is seeking a part-time ROAR Mission Coordinator. Please see job description attached. Please send resume to Dr. Melba McCallum, Executive Director of Partners In Ministry: email@example.com.