St. Luke in Sanford has an immediate opening for a part time (10-15) hour per week Organist position. This is a musician-only position that will accompany the Sanctuary choir, assist the congregation in all services of worship each Sunday, and play for other liturgical and connectional functions as directed by the Coordinator of Christian Music and Pastor.
Applicants must: 1. Demonstrate holiness of life and commitment to covenant relationship with a Church as witnessed through the life and teachings of Jesus that is above reproach.
2. Have a clear sense of call to this ministry.
3. Support and share the vision of St. Luke Church.
4. Be gifted in organ and piano.
5. Be available for all three Sunday Worship Services.
6. Be capable of working with a highly motivated and cooperative Church Staff.
7. Be willing to comply with policies and procedures established by the Staff Parish Relations Committee, Finance Committee, and Church Council including salary and benefits that are negotiable after one year of employment.
Interested persons should send their resume with references of the last two positions held to: email@example.com
or by USPS to:
St. Luke United Methodist Church
2916 Wicker Street
Sanford, NC 27330
OR contact the church by phone 919-776-2012 and ask for the Pastor or Coordinator of Christian Music.
Viable candidates who apply will be contacted and invited to meet with the Coordinator of Christian Music, Coordinator of Worship, Lay Leader, SPRC Chairperson, and Pastor for an interview until the position is filled.