Farmville United Methodist Church is seeking a Christian enthusiastic, committed, creative, and experienced person who enjoys working with youth and adults to direct, support and grow our youth and children’s ministries.
The successful applicant will be expected to develop strong relationships with our youth and have an active life of faith. Good organizational and communication skills will be key to the tasks of inspiring youth and recruiting the adults who serve in this ministry, as well as the coordinating and administering of the youth programs.
The Youth Director will conduct activities that focus on discipleship, spiritual growth, life skills, character development, and service. Our inclusive church is a Safe Sanctuary Facility. A background check is required for all adult volunteers and employees. Previous experience working with youth in a Christian setting is an asset.
Responsibility for all activities, events, meetings and sessions related to youth. These will include:
• development, recruitment, supervision, support, and coordination of all programs for youth
• organization and leadership for Sunday evening youth group meetings, retreats, service projects, and conference events
• worship attendance with our congregation at least twice per month
• participation in administrative council monthly planning meetings
• this is a part-time position
• this list of duties, while comprehensive, is not exhaustive and your cooperation and
willingness to develop new ministries will be appreciated.
Please forward resume and cover letter to either:
PO Box 153
Farmville, NC 27828
Or email: email@example.com