Position: Part Time Worship Leader/ Pianist
Base Salary: $5,000
Reports to: Senior Pastor and the Pastor Parish Committee
The primary function of this position is leading worship music through piano and singing for a predominately traditional worship service.
The music will be prepared well in advance of the services of worship and designed to lead the congregation both in singing and in quiet worship. The worship leader has the principle responsibility to lead using music, scripture, prayer, and the arts to create an atmosphere for a creative and meaningful worship experience. Further, he or she would be responsible for leading music and coordinating any special services such as funerals, holidays, etc. as needed.
Please contact Leah Skaggs at 919-924-6589 / email@example.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Recruit and assist a music volunteers in supplying expertise in the area of traditional and contemporary music for worship in a United Methodist Church.
• Meet weekly with the pastor for worship planning.
• Responsible for building up and the good upkeep of the Music Ministry’s instruments and resources.
• Based on a 5-6 hour week, understanding that some weeks will be less, and some weeks more, depending on the season and the musical needs for the season.
• The scope of this position will change in time as the ministry of the church continues to evolve.
• The ideal candidate will be a team player.
Distribution of Responsibilities (based on 5-6 hours per week):
• 3 hours in preparation for worship on Sunday
• 1 hours meeting and planning
• 2 hours each Sunday