Location: Broadway United Methodist Church, 104 Church Street, Broadway NC 27505
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Be involved 8 hours each week (at max) with planning and implementing youth activities.
2. Be involved in church when present: worship, Sunday school, Bible Studies etc.
3. Help lead once a month at monthly contemporary service (detail can be provided in interview).
4. On Youth Sundays, lead worship service (this would include preaching as well, if desired).
5. Lead and organize 2 annual programs/performances for children: Christmas, Easter.
6. Lead 4 missional activities each year.
7. Lead 4 recreational activities each year.
8. Assist with Vacation Bible School
9. Lead a monthly youth activity in May, June or July (this would fall under the 4 missional or recreational activities as well).
10. Promote, introduce, and encourage youth and young adults to become active in the United Methodist Church, and Christian church as well. And to create disciples of Jesus Christ.
11. To be willing to work with and uphold the doctrine and beliefs of the United Methodist Church (this does NOT require the applicant to be a Methodist).
12. Work in cooperation with the local congregation/committees and pastor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
The church would recommend that applicant have either a college degree (or working towards a degree) with some experience (1 to 2 years) in regards to church ministry or youth ministry. The church is open to those with only a High School Diploma with previous ministry experience. The applicant must be a member of a recognized Christian denomination.