St. Andrews United Methodist Church in Fayetteville, NC is looking for a part-time Music Minister to lead and coordinate the music ministries here at the church.
- Provide leadership in the coordination and expansion of the various music ministries.
- Attend Worship Team Meetings.
- Seek input from others including the Pastor, the Worship Team, and Musicians on ways to vary and enliven the important role of music in the worship experience.
- Serve as the director for the adult choirs (8:30 and 11:00), as well as the children’s choir.
- Plan and conduct music for all weekly worship services.
- Purchase the music for choirs.
- Maintain the Chapel facilities, music library, materials, supplies, musical instruments, and other equipment.
- Provide new music to the musicians well in advance for all plans.
- Rehearse with choir at least once a week.
- Rehearse with Handbell Choir and special instrumentalists for special occasions
• Provide music leadership for seasonal and/or special programs which include but are not limited to:
- Christmas musical
- Easter Holy Week services
• Supervise Coordinator of Media Ministries.
• Establish the budget requirements for the Music Ministry.
• Attend all staff meetings and other ministry group meetings, as required.
Character Traits Helpful for this position:
• Demonstrate leadership skills.
• Be trustworthy.
• Be detail oriented.
• Demonstrate good people skills.
• Maintain good work ethic.
• Work well with other staff and church members.
• Have a passionate personal relationship with God.
Hours: 15-25 Hours per Week (depends on the season)