Fayetteville Justice for Our Neighbors is looking for a talented writer who is passionate about our mission, and excels in advocating for our immigrant and refugee neighbors.
Fayetteville JFON provides low-income immigrants, refugees and asylum-seekers with affordable, high-quality immigration legal services.
We also provide information to help the public understand the complicated U.S. immigration system and educate policy makers on how immigration policy impacts our immigrant neighbors.
Grant Writer Responsibilities:
• Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
• Displaying adherence to our organization’s mission.
• Maintaining proficient knowledge of organization’s work and programs.
• Writing, submitting and managing grant proposals.
• Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
• Attending FJFON staff meetings semi-regularly.
• Working with the Fundraising Team to find out foundations and grants to apply for.
• Collaborating with Executive Director to compile an annual report.
• Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases.
Grant Writer Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in the liberal arts, or something related to creative writing.
• Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
• Excellent written skills.
• Strong people skills.
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
This is a part-time job for our non-profit of about 10 hours per week. It is preferable that you live in or have a connection to North Carolina. Working from home is an option. To apply, send your resumes to our Executive Director: Oscar Hernandez email@example.com