Part Time Director of Children’s Ministry@ Davis Street UMC
A thriving, diverse and multicultural downtown church in Burlington NC, is seeking for a Part-Time Director of Children’s Ministry to lead in the re-birthing and growing the youth ministry. The successful candidate must be Christ-centered, innovative, self-starter and highly motivated. He/She must be a passionate disciple of Jesus and equally passionate for youth becoming disciples of Jesus Christ. Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits package negotiable.
The purpose of the Director of Children’s Ministry is to develop and implement a comprehensive strategic plan and serves as an administrative support in re-birthing and growing our children’s ministry from Birth-5th Grade. The candidate must be able to work with the laity in equipping and empowering them, and delegating the responsibilities of ministry to them as a shared effort for growing our children’s ministry.
1. Must have a personal relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
2. A leadership style that is innovative, self-starter and highly motivated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
3. Personal beliefs must be in alignment with the United Methodist beliefs and theology.
4. Associate Degree (2-year) a preference with minimum 2-3 years experience in children’s ministry leadership especially in the area of music.
5. Computer/technology and effective social media usage an advantage.
Resume along with a covered letter can be sent to Davis Street UMC c/o Brenda Wilson @ firstname.lastname@example.org.