Saint Andrews UMC in Fayetteville NC is looking for a part time Treasurer.
Overview of Responsibilities:
This part-time position will be responsible for disbursing all funds received into the church treasury in a responsible and organized manner, with funds identified and bills paid when due, so that the ministries of the congregation can be fruitful and effective.
• Setup and maintain all accounts including reconciling bank statements, keeping accurate records of how money is spent, and working according to guidelines established by the Staff Parish Relations Team, Church Council and the Book of Discipline.
• Assist in the office as needed.
• Attend all staff meetings, Finance, and Church Council meetings, and other ministry group meetings, as required.
• Facilitate presenting a monthly budget report to the Finance Team and Church Council, as required.
• Maintain records to adequately support the insurance needs of all church equipment and church assets.
• Insure that governmental taxes and reporting forms are completed on a timely basis, including employee payroll and sales tax refunds bi-yearly.
• Collect all team budgets, and compile figures in a Software Program to generate budget; interacting with the Pastor and all team leaders to accomplish this in a timely manner.
• Accumulate all information for the required year-end report, including profit/loss report, year-end Fund Balance Report, and financial Tables to be submitted to the NC Conference.
• Facilitate reports and letters for church endowments.
Computer Program Requirements:
• Intuit Quickbooks Premier Edition 2014 (includes Budgeting & Class Features)
• Excel & Word