New Creation UMC in Durham is looking for a part-time administrative assistant to work 29 hours a week.
• Strong computer literacy, including conducting internet searches and learning new software
• Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Word Suite, including creating and editing spreadsheets, Word documents, and PowerPoint presentations
• Experience with QuickBooks and OnRealm Software highly desirable
• Strong communication skills (oral and written)
• Ability to work in a cooperative environment
• Ability to pass a background check
• High school diploma or equivalent required plus 3 years of experience (preferred)
Some duties will include, but not limited to:
a. Answer phone and check voicemail messages.
b. Prepare church bulletins, calendar of events, scriptures, and Spanish translations (assistance provided by a Spanish speaker).
c. Prepare prayer list and weekly newsletter to email to the congregation.
d. Create worship service materials, which may include PowerPoint slides.
e. Sort mail
f. Read and respond to general church email correspondence and maintain confidentiality.
g. Maintain and update contact database, church mailing and email list.
h. Ensure church calendar is accurate and up to date.
i. Prepare written documents.
j. Inventory and order needed office supplies.
k. Maintain church office equipment.
l. Make copies and keep office files current.
m. Occasional intake with church neighbors in need of financial assistance.
n. Coordinate use of church facility with the church trustees and note on church calendar.
o. Send welcome letters to visitors and alert committee members of interest