Trinity UMC-Raleigh is seeking a part-time Organist and Director of Music Ministries (“Director of Music Ministries”). In addition to having a deep love of God and a passion for leading God’s people in worship, the Director of Music Ministries will exemplify giftedness in the following areas by demonstrating:
1. Innovative giftedness in musical performance, specifically on organ and piano (Organ model: Ahlborn SL300)
2. An energetic and inviting presence in worship.
3. The heart of a teacher, with an ability to coach and direct adult choir(s) during weekly evening rehearsals, recognizing this is part of the discipleship process in preparation for worship.
4. An ability to select seasonally appropriate choral anthems and congregational hymns for worship.
5. An ability to work as a team player with a small group of staff and lay members to plan for inviting and engaging worship services.
6. An ability to prepare, conduct, and lead two music-intensive services each year, typically during Advent and Lent. Also, a willingness to connect with and invite other musicians to lead in worship for special music in worship once a month.
7. Active and consistent presence and participation in weekly Sunday worship services, and seasonal (non-Sunday) services including Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy/Holy Thursday, and Good Friday.
For a full description of the position, please see: http://trinityumcraleigh.org/music-position-announcement/
Candidates may submit cover letter and resume to Ron Alford, Chairperson of the Staff-Parish Relations Committee at: email@example.com.