– Provide appropriate organ/piano music, in coordination with the Director of Music and Communications, in a blended worship format. (FUMC-Rocky Mount is currently holding one blended service on Sundays due to COVID-19. Before COVID-19, FUMC-Rocky Mount held two traditional services and one contemporary service. The future plan for services at FUMC-Rocky Mount is under development and may not revert back to our past schedule once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.)
– Establish a personal weekly rehearsal time at the organ/piano and inform our main office to schedule the sanctuary for your use.
– Meet as needed with the Director of Music and Communications for planning and preparation for worship services and other events.
– Submit the titles and composers of music literature to the church office and the Director of Music and Communications by 10:00 am each Monday for inclusion in the Sunday bulletin.
– Additional services and events may include Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter services, Christmas Eve services, etc. Additional rehearsals and services/events are scheduled with the concurrence with the Director of Music and Communications.
– The organist will be appropriately compensated for additional services or events which are not part of the position’s base compensation. They will have right of first refusal for all weddings and funerals held at FUMC-Rocky Mount and will be compensated by families requiring those services.
– Additional responsibilities and compensation may become available when COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.