Status: Part-time, salaried. Organist is accountable to the Director of Music Ministries, the Staff Parish committee, and the Pastor.
Hours: 315 Hours per Year (6.3 hours avg. / wk. for 50 weeks) Services are scheduled weekly. Other events as scheduled. Based on 52 weeks with 2 weeks leave per year. Individual practice time included in responsibilities is at Organist discretion.
Benefits: Two Weeks Annual Leave. Salary $12,852.00 annually paid twice per month.
• Play the organ /piano for all services including Sunday worship services, revival services, all Easter Services, all Christmas services, funerals, and any other services listed by the Director of Music Ministries for the year as announced at music staff planning meetings.
• Play the organ/piano for all scheduled practices for all musical performances.
• Attend any required staff meeting scheduled by the Staff Parish Relations committee or the Pastor.
• Attend planning meetings for the music staff set up by the Director of Music Ministries.
• Perform routine organ user maintenance and report to the Director of Music Ministries and Staff Parish committee on the condition of the organ and the pianos.
• Perform other tasks related to the music program as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Position requires talent and skill in playing the organ and the piano. Music training is desirable.
• Experience playing for music programs in other churches or related field is desirable.
• This person must be mature and sensitive in working with all members of the congregation and church staff.