GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION: Provide administrative support to Tabernacle United Methodist Church by managing the day-to-day functions of the church office in concert with the Senior Pastor, Associate and fellow staff members to achieve the mission of TUMC which is “to equip disciples to go lead others to Christ.”
Duties and Responsibilities
– Greet and assist those who come into the office.
– Answer the telephone and direct phone calls.
– Keep church records as assigned.
– Maintain and keep current the membership roll.
– Prepare and distribute all church announcements, bulletins, newsletters and flyers.
– Maintain a master calendar of all church activities and events.
– Give clerical support to all program staff and church committees.
– Order curriculum material and other supplies needed by the church, as directed by staff.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
– Ability to support the mission, vision, and values of Tabernacle United Methodist Church required.
– Excellent organization and time management skills
– Able to lift up to 20 lbs.
– High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree preferred.
– 2-3 years experience as office administrator or similar experience preferred.
– Computer skills including demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Publisher required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Access and Excel preferred.
– Attention to detail required.