Epworth United Methodist Church (Durham, NC) is looking for a Nursery Director. This primary function of this position is to provide and ensure safe and secure child care for Epworth United Methodist Church and its young children.
1. Provide the best Child care any parent or child could want: age appropriate; loving, attentive; nurturing and safe.
2. Recruit and train volunteers to serve in the nursery ministry. Support the mission and ministry of Epworth United Methodist Church.
3. Organize the nursery and ensure its cleanliness and safety.
4. Develop, post, and enforce nursery policies. Enforce Safe Sanctuaries Guidelines.
5. Routinely inspect nursery equipment, toys, and supplies. Report repair and maintenance needs to appropriate personnel. Restock supplies when needed.
6. Maintain a sign-in table each Sunday to welcome families and to distribute pagers.
7. Obtain and keep a library of picture books and music/songs on cassettes or CD’s for use in the nursery.
8. Keep a current list of nursery caregivers with names, addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses.
9. Develop and maintain a procedure for scheduling nursery caregivers for Sunday services and during Sunday School. Schedule nursery caregivers for special services, church-wide events, meetings, and Bible studies in which nursery care is needed.
10. Implement a system via phone calls, e-mails, and/or postcards for regularly reminding caregivers of their scheduled time to work in the nursery.
This position is classified as part time, as needed, less than 32 hours/week. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the Job Description and for other questions.