Provides childcare in the nursery with the help of volunteer(s) on Sunday mornings from 8:30am-12:30pm for children from birth- 5 years old.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• A passion for serving children from birth to 5 years of age and their parents
• A person who is punctual and leads by example
• Willing to submit to a background investigation
Hours: Sunday mornings from 8:30am – 12:30pm. There is an opportunity to receive additional hours with special programs and worship services.
Compensation: $11 an hour
• Provides childcare in the nursery with the help of volunteer(s).
Beginning of shift
◦ Ensure room is ready for the arrival of the children
◦ Create nametags for volunteers that will be assisting that day
◦ Disinfect the changing table
◦ Installs safety gate
◦ Care for children in accordance with FUMC Childcare & Safe Sanctuary guidelines
◦ Ensure that volunteer helper arrives for worship service. If the helper does not show, caregiver will seek assistance from the volunteer nursery coordinator in finding a replacement
End of shift
◦ Return children safely to their parents
◦ Room should be straightened & toys put back in proper place
◦ Disinfect room with bleach cleaning solution (toys, tables, and changing area)– mixed in accordance with NC Sanitation of Child Care Center guidelines
Maintains infant & child CPR certification with first aid.