1. Provide musical accompaniment in Sunday morning worship for the traditional service using piano and organ (optional but preferred).
2. Direct the choir for the traditional service by providing choir practice and means for the choir to learn choir led music for worship.
3. Maintain the music library.
4. Schedule maintenance of instruments and be present for tunings, etc.
5. Work with the pastor in the selection of music for worship services.
6. Recruit new members to join the choir.
7. When possible, provide at least 24 hour notice in case of absence to the designated SPRC liaison and pastor.
7. The director will be a leader and lead the music including singing along with the choir. The director will also be able to proficiently get the best sound vocally from the choir. Must have experience in formal choir direction and vocal direction.
8. The director will have the skills to play all instruments proficiently without too many errors and with expertise. We will consider applicants who do not play the organ but can meet all other criteria.
9. The director should be familiar with hymns in the United Methodist hymnal and will be able to learn and pick up unfamiliar music to play proficiently on Sundays.
10. The desire is for someone who is expert in all instruments mentioned and can also lead singing and direct the choir to produce the best sound that can be produced by the choir. Our preference is for someone who has expert playing skills.
11. The worship leader will be someone who can express their deep and grace-filled relationship with God through the music to inspire the congregation.
12. The director will be on time.