● Possess a high level of accomplishment in organ and piano performance.
● Provide supportive, flexible, and sensitive accompaniment and direction to the choir and soloists on a weekly basis in rehearsal and worship service
Duties of Music Director
● Plan, develop and coordinate the music program for Lillington United Methodist Church, blending traditional with contemporary music selections.
● Direct and accompany the adult choir (organ and/or piano) in weekly rehearsal and weekly service congregational singing. Choir rehearsal dates are adjustable seasonally to fewer in the summer. Public health guidelines apply (masks, physically distancing, temp checks, and hand sanitization) to indoor singing.
● Work with the Pastor and Worship Team to plan and prepare special services, including but not limited to a Christmas and/or Easter cantata.
● Obtain substitutes for foreseeable absences. Pro-rated payment depends on time and effort spent for weekly services.
● Assist in development of a children’s choir.
● Additional duties as assigned.
● 2 years of experience in organ/piano leadership and experience with hymn selection, liturgy, worship themes and special services preferred.
The position is available immediately and compensation is commensurate with
applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Vacation and work schedule is negotiable with the Pastor Parish Relations Committee
Interviews of selected candidates will include an audition of organ prelude, hymn and
postlude of their choosing.
Lillington United Methodist Church
P.O. Box 506
Lillington, NC 27546
Attn: PPRC Chair