To lead the Chancel and the Children’s Choir (if applicable). Plan and direct with the minister’s approval, the overall ministry of these groups.
• Be a person of good moral character, congenial, and willing to cooperate with those to whom are responsible, co-workers, church members, and the general public. Be a person who easily meets and interacts with people of all ages and temperaments.
• Be at least 18 years of age, resourceful, creative, dependable, and able to work effectively with a minimum of supervision.
• Have the necessary skills to teach selected music to both trained and untrained voices of the Chancel, Children’s choir(s) and other direct choral groups of the church.
• Background checks are required based on the Safe Sanctuary Policy of First United Methodist Church.
1. The Music Director is a lay employee of the church, working in a salaried employee status, and therefore approved for employment by the Staff-Parish Relations committee.
2. The Music Director is a member of the professional staff and is expected to participate in the “team ministry” concept in order to provide the best possible leadership of the music ministry. This concept of ministry means that each person will serve as a compliment to others to provide coordinated and responsible leadership in a Christian spirit.
3. The Music Director is responsible to the Minister to discharge the duties assigned. The Director will work in concert with other music ministries of the church who may provide worship music at other services and times. The Director is specifically responsible for the musical portion of the 11 a.m.Sunday service.