Trinity United Methodist Church
Position: Director of Music
Report to: Lead Pastor
Type of Position: Part-time; salary commensurate with experience
Purpose: This position is established to encourage excellence in musical worship; provide spiritual guidance; support fellowship; coordinate with other ministries to facilitate meaningful worship; and offer skills in music conducting, vocal knowledge, and piano.
1. Be responsible to and work closely with the Lead Pastor to carry out the music ministry of the church, and to honor any requests he/she may have regarding the coordination and leadership of any worship services.
2. Oversee the music program at Trinity UMC to include directing the chancel choir.
1. Music degree
2. Experience in conducting
3. Effective communication skills
4. Play piano
5. Be a person of recognized Christian character.
6. Exhibit character traits that reflect emotional maturity, sound judgment, and moral temperament consistent with the teachings of the church.
7. Demonstrate discretion and personal compatibility with the laity and professional staff.
8. Support the liturgy, ritual, and educational ministry of TUMC.
Job description available upon request.
This job posting will close at 5 PM on Wednesday, May 22, 2019.
Please email a resume and three references to email@example.com