St. Luke United Methodist Church in Goldsboro, NC is looking for a part-time music director to begin January, 2018.
Listed below is the job description:
• Lead and direct the children’s music program. We would like someone who can play the piano and direct. The children meet on Wednesday evenings in a program called Wonderful Wednesday Kids (WWK). The program begins at 5:30 pm with dinner, and from 6:00 pm – 7:15 pm, the children go to either music or Bible Study, and then switch half-way through. The children sing at different times during the year, and perform a Christmas and Spring program.
• Lead and direct the adult choir. The adult choir practiced on Wednesdays at 7:30 pm and Sundays at 5:00 pm. These are typically two different groups, but they all sing together on Sunday. The same as above, we would like someone who can play the piano and direct. The choir sings every Sunday except during the month of July. Individuals sign up for solos or small groups during this month.
• Lead and direct the adult hand bell choir. The hand bells practice on Sundays at 6:00 pm, and play at different times throughout the year.
• Assist in leading and planning worship at the 11:00 service. There is an organ and a piano in the sanctuary, and we would prefer someone who can play both, but not necessary. Sunday worship includes playing the following: the hymns, the choir anthem, the offertory, prelude and postlude.
• The music director will select the anthems for the adult choir, children’s choir, and bell choir, prelude and postlude, offertory selections, and may be asked to assist with selecting hymns.
• Salary range is $20,000-$25,000