Job Description for Worship Leader – Part-time
We seek to have a service of worship that emphasizes a variety of elements and styles that focuses on giving glory to God and inspiring our church community to full participation in the mission of God, which we believe is to know Christ and make him known.
1. Demonstrate a passion for Christ and his Kingdom through personal spiritual discipline and public ministry.
2. Become part of our congregation and church life.
1. Experience of leading a congregation in public worship, with a commitment of seeking to grow in that area, perhaps through further training.
2. Musical skills: Ability to lead worship while playing the keyboard (leading while playing guitar would be acceptable, but priority would be given to those who could lead while playing keyboard.)
3. Ability to sing and read music
4. Ability to work with children and their families.
Preference would be given to those with the following additional skills: choir direction, fluent in Spanish and knowledgeable of the Hispanic/Latino culture in the United States.
1. Work with the Hispanic Pastor to create a well planned and prayerful worship service.
2. Oversee and coordinate all musical aspects of the Hispanic worship service and Unified Services
3. Plan, coordinate and lead praise band, singers, and congregation in worship at weekly Sunday morning worship service.
4. Recruit new vocalists and instrumentalists as needed
5. To rehearsal once time on the week with the adult and children worship team.