This part-time position (10-20 hrs/wk) provides leadership in the music and worship arts ministries. This individual will plan, organize and direct the ongoing music and worship arts ministries of the church. He/she will be able to develop additional musical and artistic opportunities and integrate ongoing programs within the life and activities of the church.
Experience in musical leadership in worship settings is preferred. This individual needs to demonstrate proficiency in both organ and piano, choral conducting, music theory, program management, and voicing.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Communicate and plan regularly with Pastor regarding worship themes and upcoming events, in coordination with the liturgical calendar and special services (including funerals and weddings) where special music is necessary.
● Select hymns, lead worship (both contemporary and traditional), and guide the congregation.
● Conduct workshops and special worship services such as cantatas.
● Direct and rehearse adult and children’s choirs, handbells/chimes, etc. to enhance worship.
● Secure substitute musicians when necessary.
● Coordinate with Children’s Ministry to provide music program for Vacation Bible School or similar children’s camps .
● Manage the music budget within the guidelines set and amounts prescribed.
● Create and maintain an organized music filing system.
● Recruit members for both vocal and instrumental ministries.
● Attendance at worship services and other special services that include music are expected, as well as attendance at staff meetings but no office hours are required.
● Support the Vision to Splinter the Darkness and it’s mission.