Prospect United Methodist Church, Maxton, NC is seeking a Minister of Music. The Minister of Music will be responsible for all music programs at Prospect UMC, including choirs (adult and children), and special music. The goal is to foster the spiritual enrichment of our congregation through uplifting music arrangements. The salary is based on qualifications and experience. The Minister of Music reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
• Presides over music ministry
• Meets on a regular basis with the pastor to plan music program including songs
• Plan and develop special music and ensembles
• Oversee music ministry budget and fundraising, schedules and conducts
• Attend weekly worship services
• Experience in conducting choral music.
• Proficiency in playing piano
• Bachelors’ degree or higher in music, vocal performance or a related discipline is
preferred. Ability to recruit, manage, and motivate volunteer vocalists or
• Familiarity with United Methodist worship preferred.
• Must possess people skills
Job Contact Information:
Name: Brian Jones