Minister of Discipleship/Music Leadership
Etowah United Methodist Church in Etowah NC is searching for a Minister of Discipleship
STATUS: Full-time, Salaried
BENEFITS: Per EUMC Personnel Policy
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION: To work in concert with the Senior Pastor and staff to achieve the mission of EUMC, which is “to equip disciples to go lead others to Christ.”
SUPERVISION: Reports to the Senior Pastor. The Staff Parish Relations Committee provides an annual evaluation of the Minister of Discipleship/Music Leader performance.
The Minister/Director of Discipleship (hereafter referred to as “director”) sets the strategy for developing and leading a vibrant, comprehensive Christian Education program. Elements of such a program include, but are not limited to: Children, Youth and Young Adult Ministries, Spiritual Formation (Nurture), and Senior Care/Visitation. The Director would also assist the Pastor with Sunday Worship Services and in performing and leading some of our services’ music.
1. Understand that as a member of the church staff you are often someone’s first impression of our church.
2. A Christ-centered life is essential for all staff members in being Christ to others.
1. The director demonstrates a Christ-centered approach to ministry and should have a clear sense of his/her Christian walk.
2. The director places a strong emphasis on cultivating relationships with laity in order to carry out the functions of this role. The director will serve as an advocate for all those in his/her care.
3. The director makes a strong commitment of time, energy, and creativity to our youth and children.