Website Millbrook United Methodist Church
We are seeking a Choir Director and Organist to plan, lead, and accompany music for the traditional worship service, including a choir of 10-15 voices. Our ideal candidate is a gifted musician and leader with the ability to help create meaningful worship experiences for our congregation. Our Choir Director/Organist works collaboratively with pastors, staff and laity to select, arrange, accompany and lead traditional worship music that is integrated with the message and worship service as a whole.
This is a part time position, reporting to the Senior Pastor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist clergy and staff in the implementation of music appropriate for the theme of the Sunday traditional service.
2. Attend weekly staff meetings, as schedule allows, and Church Council meetings, 6-8 per year, Worship Committee at times.
3. Prepare, rehearse and perform appropriate organ music and hymn accompaniment in one weekly traditional worship service and other special services.
4. Select, rehearse,prepare and accompany choir anthems and other choral selections/responses for weekly traditional worship service.
5. Recruit and train choir members.
6. Plan and lead weekly choir practice.
7. Develop and maintain a music library.
8. Plan and direct music for special seasons of the year.
9. Develop and manage an annual music budget.
10. Lead the choir as a community, promoting unity and positive morale.
11. Collaborate with contemporary worship leader and pastors for joint and special services.
12. Lead Kidsong children’s choir in rehearsing and performing 2 or 3 times per year.
13. Lead Handbell choir in rehearsing and performing 2 or 3 times per year.
14. First right of refusal for funerals and weddings(for honorarium).
Qualifications and Requirements
1. Bachelors Degree in Music preferred. Commensurate study or experience will be considered.
2. Experience in the leadership of church music programming and performance preferred.
3. Ability to select and teach music appropriate for the setting in which it is performed using a volunteer choir of varying talents.
4. Talented in piano and organ performance.
5. Understand and adopt Methodist doctrine in music ministry.
6. Skills in collaboration, interpersonal relationships, planning and flexibility required.
Salary : $18,000-$22,000 per year. Commensurate with experience and responsibilities.
Send resume and letter of interest to Jim Jones, Search Committee Chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com