Soapstone UMC (North Raleigh), a church with a dynamic, active music program seeks a Lead Pianist & Accompanist. Approximately 12 hours/week.
• Provide piano accompaniment & solo playing for the following:
o Two Sunday worship services (8:30 am service with Praise Team, and 11:00 am service with Chancel Choir); includes solo prelude & offertory pieces as needed.
o Three weekly rehearsals: Chancel Choir on Wednesday evenings; Praise Team Thursday evenings; ensemble groups Sunday afternoons.
o Monthly rehearsals: cantata on Saturday mornings September through December & January through April
o Special services throughout the year (funerals, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Christmas Eve).
o Occasional special rehearsals in the fall & spring for our Christmas & Easter cantatas, which we perform with orchestra.
• Although our music groups perform in service year-round, we take many weeks of rehearsals off in the summer.
• Heart for worship and a desire to inspire the spiritual growth of others
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Music with an emphasis on piano and/or accompanying, or equivalent experience.
• 2+ years related experience playing for worship in a program-sized church.
• Interviewed applicants will be asked to play with a small group and sight read.
Compensation negotiable, based on experience. Email applications and introductory letters to firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail to Soapstone UMC, Attn: Rev. Mitzi Johnson, 12837 Norwood Road, Raleigh, NC 27613. No phone calls, please.