Kitty Hawk UMC
KITTY HAWK UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRIES
The Director of Youth Ministries is a part-time member of the Program Staff and is responsible to the Pastors and Staff Parish Committee. The director shall be a person of exemplary Christian character and have good relational skills with all ages. The purpose of this position is to nurture youth into a relationship with Jesus Christ in the loving context of church family. Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills with ability to plan and implement the youth program are required.
B. Job Information
Classification: Program Staff; Part-time
C. Job Description and Responsibilities
· Plan, coordinate, and lead weekly UMYF meetings that provide engaging opportunities for fellowship and service designed to strengthen the faith of our youth – grades 6-12.
· Initiate and organize various mission trips and spiritual retreats, especially those focusing on United Methodist opportunities.
· Establish and maintain a relational connection to youth and their families through a variety of communication methods including social media.
· Work with other staff and volunteers to resource, recruit, schedule, advertise, and implement occasional special programs as needed.
· Manage Youth Ministries budget.
· Attend weekly staff meetings and other administrative meetings if requested.
D. Qualifications (Education/Background)
· Feel led by the Lord to do His work
· Successfully pass a background check
· College degree and experience in Youth Ministry preferred
E. Specific Knowledge and Skills
· A knowledge and appreciation of United Methodist theology.
· Must have the ability to relate to youth and to effectively recruit and train volunteers. Knowledge of trends in Youth Ministry preferred.
· Communication and relationship building skills, organizational and administrative skills.
The Director of Youth Ministries is expected to function in harmony with the pastors and church staff, participating as a vital member of the leadership team.
The Director of Youth Ministries is expected to notify the Administrative Assistant or Pastor as far in advance as possible of any absences – sick leave, personal leave, scheduled vacation, and any other absences. It is the responsibility of the director to secure a qualified substitute when necessary.
H. Performance and Evaluation
The Director of Youth Ministries will meet with the Pastor to develop annual performance goals. Performance will be evaluated in relevant areas including but not limited to: completion of job duties, communication, teamwork, leadership, creativity, responsibility, self-motivation, attitude, and potential for growth.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com