Website Kipling UMC
Contemporary Worship Leader
PART-TIME ($18 hourly / 10 hours a week)
Kipling United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time Contemporary Worship Leader; this is a 10-15 hours/week, $15-18 hourly non-exempt position reporting directly to the Senior Pastor and administratively to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee. This position has potential to be a full-time staff position with the future growth of the church.
Expected work times include once-a-week Praise Band rehearsal, Sunday morning worship (8:30 AM), and a monthly staff meeting.
This position will work remotely from the church except for meetings and worship times.
CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES
• Planning & Selecting songs for Sunday morning contemporary worship services, coordinating with the pastor and Worship Committee as well communicating with Ad Council monthly.
• Working with the media coordinator to ensure all lyrics are correct for live stream and in-person worship.
• Work with pastor, Worship Committee and NSL Team to build a praise band: including leading the praise band through all songs during worship service, conducting rehearsals, and coordinating musicians and singers for each week. Recruiting new musicians and singers into the praise band as needed.
• Leading the congregation verbally (including greetings, prayers, transitions, and singing) to help people praise and connect with God through worship. (Work with pastor & NSL to build format and make changes as needed for and with growth)
• Determining, in collaboration with the pastors, a long-term plan to improve and grow our contemporary worship offerings.
• Arranging for a qualified alternative leader when away
• At least one year of experience in a worship leadership position (Preferred)
• Strong lead singing voice and ability to lead contemporary Christian music
• Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to engage the congregation in worship
• Ability to play guitar or keyboard leading worship alone, if necessary.
• Ability to pass a criminal background check
• Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships
• Familiarity with Planning Center Services or willing to learn.
• Committed to living a Christian lifestyle and to serving as a Christian role model
• Ability to commit to weekly rehearsals with praise band
• Desire to seek, develop and build a team of volunteer musicians spiritually and musically! Estimated Work Hours Each Week:
● 2 hours Praise Band Practice (Possibly a few extra hours at onset while building praise band)
● 4 hours Sunday Mornings (7:30am to 11:30am)
● 4 hours Preparation Work & Practice.
Total Weekly Hours: 10 hours
Send resume to Kiplingumc@gmail.com
To apply for this job please visit l.facebook.com.