Website Jamestown UMC
POSITION: FULL TIME DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRIES
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
DIRECT REPORTS: Ministries Assistant & Media Communications
POSITION OVERVIEW: Provide spiritual development and discipleship formation opportunities for youth (grades 6-12) through study, fellowship, service and worship.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Sunday mornings: Build relationships with youth by attending worship, oversee youth Sunday school classes and invite youth to participate in youth activities.
· Sunday evenings: Plan and implement youth activities in conjunction with the Youth /council.
· Wednesday evenings: Plan and implement youth activities in conjunction with the Youth Council and church staff.
· Small Groups: Develop and implement age-level small group activities and studies for youth and provide oversight to adult volunteers.
· Special Events: Plan, attend and oversee special youth events and mission trips in conjunction with the Youth Council.
· Provide oversight, direction and support to the Youth Council.
· Plan and distribute an annual program/event calendar in coordination with the Youth Council.
· Maintain regular communication with youth, parents and volunteers.
· Develop and manage annual budget.
· Attend staff and applicable church meetings.
· Recruit volunteers on Youth Council.
· Educate volunteers and parents on the Safe Sanctuary policy.
· Leverage social media and technology to communicate with youth, parents and community.
· Demonstrate an intentional focus on inclusion for all.
· A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
· Strong organizational and communication skills including use of social media.
· Strong skills in leadership, planning, interpersonal relations and program development.
· Strong knowledge of the Bible and essential Christian beliefs including UMC doctrine.
· A dedication to the church and ministry covenant promoting diversity, support and community.
To apply for this job email your details to David@jumc.org