Orange United Methodist Church, 1220 Martin Luther King Parkway, Chapel Hill, NC
is a diverse community of people who believe that Jesus Christ truly is the hope of the world and are committed to sharing the Good News with the world. We also strive to follow in Christ’s footsteps by caring for the least and the lost. We are seeking to hire a full-time Youth Pastor / Director of Youth Ministries who will come alongside and lead our youth and dedicated volunteers in a well-established and thriving ministry to middle and high school students.\
We are seeking a youth pastor who possesses the following qualifications:
• Loving, committed and growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
• Pastoral call to youth ministry, demonstrated by a passionate commitment to youth.
• Demonstrated sound knowledge of the Bible, theology, and doctrine, with the ability to communicate biblical truths to our youth and families.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biblical studies or Christian ministry is highly preferred.
• “Relational” approach to ministry, with ability to communicate and connect with both youth and adults (parents and church leadership).
• Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
• Website maintenance and social media skills to communicate with youth and families.
• Clean driving record, and ability to drive a 15-passenger van.
• CPR and First Aid training.
• Willingness to work nights and weekends.
• Continuity is highly valued, so willingness to make a multi-year commitment to our church is a plus.
Our Commitments to You: As a congregation, we pledge to offer you the following:
• Dedicated volunteers and parents who will pray for you, encourage you, and assist you in your ministry.
• Opportunities for you to share your talents and skills with the larger church.
• A mentoring relationship with the Senior Pastor, as well as supportive staff colleagues to share ministry.
• An advocate from the Staff Parish Relations Committee, and annual evaluations with honest and direct feedback concerning what you are doing well and areas of professional growth.
• Competitive salary, based on training and experience, as well as a paid cell phone plan, continuing education budget, , as well as the usual benefits of health insurance, vacation and sick leave.
How to apply: If you think God may be leading you to explore this ministry opportunity with us, please send cover letter, which includes your youth ministry approach, résumé and references to Alan Dickinson, Youth Pastor Search Chairperson at: email@example.com