The Church Financial Secretary position is to fulfill the bookkeeping / accounting affairs of the church, process payroll, A/R, A/P, and maintain documentation in proper order for auditing. This person must be interested in serving God as a team member of the Genesis UMC staff.
The position is part time, approximately 12-20 hours per week position, Mon-Thurs, reports to the Senior Pastor.
Education & Experience:
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or certification in a related field or equivalent experience is preferred.
• Experience working in a church or non-profit setting, either as a paid staff member or in holding a laity leadership position.
The Financial Secretary must:
• Have a servant’s heart, an attitude of caring, excellent people skills, and high integrity.
• Have a knowledge of the United Methodist Church
• Maintain a cooperative team spirit with staff, volunteers and the congregation
• Be a mentor and teach office volunteers procedures and computerized forms
• Have good verbal and written communication and clerical skills
• Be accessible, responsive and flexible to handle the changing needs of the church
• Understand the need for Confidentiality
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office® tools
For further information information go to the job link below.