The 519 Family Ministries Coordinator is a part-time position that will partner with the Family Ministries Workteam to guide all aspects of family ministries at 519. Primary responsibilities will include recruiting, training and equipping leaders to lead the children ministries as well as to equip parents to be the primary shepherds for the spiritual formation of their children. The coordinator will help shape an age appropriate and consistent discipleship approach to ensure the Orange strategy is consistently implemented at 519 and other faith communities. The coordinator will report to the 519 Pastor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
● Invite, equip, and coach volunteers to serve in 519’s children’s ministries.
● Develop children’s ministry leaders to train, care and nurture volunteers and parents
● Assemble and edit the weekly materials needed for the children’s programs from the Family Ministries Team and provide materials to volunteers.
● Lead the training initiatives for new and existing volunteers for family ministries.
● Contact and schedule volunteers on a weekly basis.
● Liaison with Nursery Coordinator to make sure appropriate childcare is available for 519’s programs/events.
● Collaborate with volunteer leaders to design/refine, manage and evaluate children’s ministry programs.
● Work with the Pastor to develop and manage budget for family ministries.
● Participate in Family Ministries team meetings, Apex UMC Family of Faith Communities All Staff meetings, and regular meetings of the 519 faith community.
● Ensure the Safe Sanctuaries policies are enforced for the church for all children’s ministry activities, and that volunteers are appropriate.