POSITION: Director of Youth Ministries
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Pastor
POSITION STATUS: Full-time (40 hours) /Exempt
The Director of Youth Ministries must have a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ; live a Christian lifestyle through devotional practices, commitment to prayer and spiritual growth; and be a part of Harbor through prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness. The Director will be responsible for the discipleship of youth Grades 6-12 through planning, coordinating, and implementing programming for two age groups (Middle School/High School) for a large, growing congregation while working within the United Methodist tradition.
As a servant of Jesus Christ, called by God to serve the community of faith that is Harbor United Methodist Church I will:
• faithfully pray for the members of the staff and the church;
• accept the distinct spiritual gifts of each staff member and their God-given personalities;
• maintain confidentiality and discourage any discussion that does not build up, affirm or encourage others;
• be a generous receiver and giver of forgiveness;
• be willing to both give and receive praise and constructive criticism;
• respect the authority of those to whom I am responsible;
• live by a high standard of personal, professional and work ethic, striving always for excellence in ministry;
• strive for a healthy balance between my ministry responsibilities and my personal life;
• commit time to grow spiritually as an individual and as a staff member and encourage others in their walk with Christ;
• listen to other members of the staff, respect their opinions and always strive to keep the lines of communication open.