Ooltewah United Methodist Church of Ooltewah, Tennessee, is a well-established United Methodist Church that is enjoying new development springing up around it. The church seeks a full-time Director of Student Ministry to oversee youth programs and lead a team of ministry staff and volunteers in fulfilling the church’s mission of “Making Disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.” The church is blessed to have a strong core group of youth, dedicated volunteers, and a great staff and pastors.
Primary responsibilities of the Director of Student Ministry will include:
• Establishes relationships with youth, parents, and volunteers through church, community, and school events. Ensure that relationships are being built between the adult leaders of Ooltewah UMC and the youth.
• Ensures that all details of youth programs and events are addressed to build an engaging and welcoming atmosphere in which spiritual and leadership skills can be developed.
• Recruits, trains, and equips volunteers, regularly, to provide spiritual support and encouragement in working with the youth in the youth ministry.
The qualified candidate will have:
• A deep faith in Jesus Christ
• A love for youth
• A Bachelor’s degree in Youth Ministry or in a related field
• Five years experience in working with youth
• Three years experience on a church staff
• Experience in recruiting, training, retaining volunteers
• Alignment with the beliefs and practices of United Methodist theology
• Be skilled in connecting with youth and parents, energetic, a team player, adept in using social media
Candidates can submit a cover letter and resume to Debra Malone at email@example.com .