St. Paul United Methodist Church is seeking a Director of Student Ministries. The part-time Director of Student Ministries will have a passion for working with students and their families, and helping all to embody the mission of St. Paul UMC as a place where Christians “engage head, hearts, and hands in love of God and others.” Through relational ministries such as: worship, small and large gatherings, missional opportunities, and social events, the Director of Student Ministries will develop, schedule, and supervise the full range of ministries related to students and their families.
Description of Student Ministries: The Student Ministries of St. Paul UMC include students in 5th -12th grade and the Barnabas Ministry for college students. The Tween Ministry is for students in 5th and 6th grade. The Youth Ministry is for students in 7-12th grade.
Essential Functions of the position
• Design, implement, and continue to build upon an existing student ministry programs that integrate relationship building, worship, spiritual formation, and missional opportunities.
• Collaborate with the Youth and Tween Ministry Teams to develop opportunities for youth ministries.
• Develop and train students and adult leaders who wish to participate in the planning and execution of student and church-wide ministries.
• Collaborate with church staff and key lay leaders to integrate the student ministry with the overall life of the church.
• Provide oversight and support for Wednesday night gatherings and Sunday morning middle school and high school classes.