Saint Andrews is a 650-member United Methodist congregation located in Garner, NC. We’re looking for a faithful, motivated Christian who loves young people and their parents.
• Lead the Youth Advisory Council in planning, organizing, and coordinating Youth Ministry;
• Recruit, equip, and train teachers and volunteers for Youth Ministry;
• Coordinate and participate in Sunday evening Youth Ministry programs;
• Develop and coordinate special programs for youth including, but not limited to:
An annual summer mission week for youth (i.e., Lake Junaluska Young People in Mission);
An annual weekend spiritual retreat for youth;
Annual programs during Advent/Christmas and Lent/Easter;
An annual Back to School event for youth;
Outings such as Conference and District Youth events (Pilgrimage, etc.);
Lock-ins, game/movie nights for youth;
Service projects (highway clean-up, etc.);
Fundraisers (car washes, serving/clean-up for church suppers, etc.)
• Provide nurture and recognition during transitional times (graduation, etc.);
• A minimum of 2 years combined college and personal experience in Christian ministry with youth;
• United Methodist background preferred.
This position averages 10 hr/wk with responsibilities most Sundays.
Salary: Starts at $10,000/yr